- D.C., L.Ac., O.M.D.
- Five Element Acupuncture and Combined Medicine.
- Developer of the Multidisciplinary Lunchtime Facelift.
- Licensed Acupuncturist.
- Doctor of Chiropractic.
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine.
- Licensed Herbalist.
Awards, Honors, Specialized Training:
Click for directions to our clinic in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Certified Instructor of Five-Element Acupuncture, trained by the world-renowned J. R. Worsley.
- Diplomat, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- Completed Injury Rehabilitation and Spinal Rehabilitation Training Series—Polestar Pilates.
- Five-Element Acupuncture.
- Acupuncture Orthopedics.
- Chiropractic Care.
- Herbal Medicine.
Dr. Carter offers bilingual services in English and Spanish.
Description of Practice:
Dr. Carter is a Primary Care Physician who follows a classic Chinese Medical Health Care model. She is a licensed Acupuncturist and Doctor of Chiropractic. This time-honored tradition requires extensive training in Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture, Osseous Adjusting as well as T'ai Chi or Chi Gong. While her primary Acupuncture approach centers on Five-Element Acupuncture, Dr. Carter employs a wide variety of Acupuncture techniques, ensuring that her patients receive the most effective treatments possible.
Dr. Carter has studied and practiced Five-Element Acupuncture under leading acupuncturists including the late J. R. Worsley for over twenty years. In addition to being a dedicated practitioner, she is also a Certified Instructor. She has been a teacher of T'ai Chi since 1975, and has studied extensively with renowned T'ai Chi master Benjamin Lo. A student of herbal medicine since 1986, she has studied with Chinese, American, and Native Mexican teachers. She also teaches and practices Plant Spirit Medicine, and was an apprentice of Eliot Cowan.
In her spare time, Dr. Carter enjoys riding her bicycle, reading poetry, dancing, listening to and playing music, attending poetry events, hiking, swimming, and spending time with close friends and her pets.
Dr Carter maintains a health care Practice devoted to the care of the community. Offering Acupuncture, Chiropractic, and Herbal Medicine, her interdisciplinary practice allows her to create a specific treatment plan tailored to your individual needs and concerns.
The following is a partial list of common presenting issues:
- Anti Aging and Aesthetic Concerns.
- Wellness issues, constitutional health.
- Motor vehicle accidents or sports-related injuries.
- Age-related discomforts including arthritis.
- Menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, sleep deprivation, as well as menstrual pain and heavy bleeding.
- Post-surgical discomfort, including the pain frequently accompanying heart bypass surgery.
Most insurance is accepted.
Dr. Casey Carter's acupuncture practice services clients in the Orange Coast region of Orange County, California. Some, but not all, of the communities served are:
John Wayne Airport